Sunday, March 27, 2011

Plant Update


Pepper Plant
Tomatillo Plant




 It's now week 5 for most of our plants, here's some updated pictures.

James and I put the fence up around the garden last week to keep deer and other animals (including Oscar!) out.  We increased the size of our garden(s) by 1/3 this year! Very exciting! We also switched to the raised bed method. James dug down 16" last fall and put compost on top of each bed. The snow melt really broke up the soil and it looks much better then last year! Because of the cost of wood (and the time it'd take) we're not boxing them in, but I think they'll be fine without the border. We're really excited to have all that depth of soft soil for the roots to grow in!
My mom and I planted cabbage, lettuce plants and seeds and onions over the weekend. James and I are going to wait a week before planting peas (it's killing me!) because of next weeks temps in the 30s and 40s.

My mom and I planted the cabbage plants on 3/20
 
Tomato Plant
Our Garden

No comments: